Accumulations is a collective of four artists/curators/academics (Hannah Buckley, Dani Abulhawa, Sara Spies and Amy Voris) working primarily in movement, dance and performance, who have been collaborating since the summer of 2015. They arrived in each other’s company through a variety of routes. They each have our own practices and aesthetic influences, but are drawn together through a shared interest in performance and conceptual art. They are politically concerned with creating spaces for ephemeral forms of art, exchange and discussion, particularly those that embrace unpolished, uncertain and experimental processes.
To date Accumulations have:
- Created two large-scale events at the Whitworth Art Gallery
- Curation of a shrine to women's work at AWOL Studios (Manchester)
- Written and delivered an academic research paper, delivered at an international conference
- Delivered two workshops on their themes - one in a community context, and one at a university
- Conceived and created two films which have been screened at West Yorkshire Playhouse, Yorkshire Dance, Live Art Bistro, The Whitworth Art Gallery and Bury Art Gallery.
- Set-up an intergenerational movement group
For more information visit
Supported using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England. It has had additional support from Dance Manchester, Leeds Beckett University, Yorkshire Dance, the Scared Sounds Women's Choir and the Whitworth.